Website Terms and Conditions of Use
Rio Alto is a Canadian company and a reporting issuer in each of the provinces of Canada . The Company has taken all reasonable care in producing and publishing information contained on this website and the content is believed to be accurate when it is posted on this website. However, material on this site may still contain technical or other inaccuracies, omissions, or typographical and translation errors, for which Rio Alto assumes no responsibility.
RIO ALTO DOES NOT WARRANT OR MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS REGARDING THE USE, VALIDITY, ACCURACY, TIMELINESS, COMPLETENESS OR RELIABILITY OF ANY CLAIMS, STATEMENTS OR INFORMATION ON THIS WEBSITE. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, NEGLIGENCE, SHALL RIO ALTO BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR OTHER DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO LOSS OF PROFITS, WHETHER OR NOT ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF DAMAGE, ARISING FROM USE, OR INABILITY TO USE, THE MATERIAL ON THIS WEBSITE. THE INFORMATION HEREIN IS NOT A SUBSTITUTE FOR INDEPENDENT PROFESSIONAL ADVICE BEFORE MAKING ANY INVESTMENT DECISIONS. THE INFORMATION POSTED ON THIS WEBSITE MAY BE SUPERSEDED BY SUBSEQUENT DISCLOSURES.
You may not modify or reproduce in any form, electronic or otherwise, any information in on this website, except for personal use, unless you have obtained our express permission.
No securities commission or other regulatory authority in Canada or any other country or jurisdiction has in any way reviewed this information and no representation or warranty is made by Rio Alto to that effect. Furthermore, none of the stock exchanges where the Company’s shares are currently listed on (including the Toronto Stock Exchange, the New York Stock Exchange and the Bolsa de Valores) has reviewed the information on this website and does not accept responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of it.
This website or any information herein shall not constitute an invitation to invest in Rio Alto or its securities or an offer to sell or solicitation of an offer to buy any securities of Rio Alto.
- The content of this website is (and shall continue to be) owned exclusively by Rio Alto, and is protected under applicable copyrights, patents, trademarks, trade dress and/or other proprietary intellectual property rights. You should assume that everything you see or read on the website is copyrighted unless otherwise noted and may not be used except as provided herein. The intellectual property in the website is protected in Canada, the United States and most other countries. No use of any of these may be made without the prior written authorization of Rio Alto. Under no circumstances will you require any ownership rights or other interest in any content by or through the use of this website.
- Rio Alto will use reasonable efforts to include up-to-date and accurate information in the website, but makes no representations, warranties, or assurance as to the accuracy, currency or completeness of the information provided. Rio Alto shall not be liable for any damages or injury resulting from your access to, or inability to access, the website, or from your reliance on any information provided at the website.
- Users are advised that when documents are downloaded or displayed on a user's computer, internet software transmission problems may produce inaccurate or incomplete copies of the documents. Rio Alto takes no responsibility for the accuracy or completeness of documents or material downloaded or displayed from this website. Use of this website or its content and any reliance on them are at your risk.
- Rio Alto does not represent or warrant that the use of this website, including the browsing and downloading of any content, will be free of viruses or other destructive or disruptive components and disclaims any liability for loss or damage caused by any virus or other destructive or disruptive component downloaded from this website. You are cautioned to install and use appropriate anti-virus or other protective software.
- Any communication or material you transmit to the website by electronic mail or otherwise, including any data, questions, comments, suggestions, or the like is, and will be treated as, non-confidential and non-proprietary. Anything you transmit or post may be used by Rio Alto for any purpose, including but not limited to reproduction, disclosure, transmission, publication, broadcast, and posting. Furthermore, Rio Alto will be free to use any ideas, concepts, know-how or techniques contained in any communication that you send to the website for any purpose whatsoever, including but not limited to developing, manufacturing and marketing products using such information.
- The use of this website grants no interest, whether proprietary, licensed or otherwise, in the intellectual property rights, or any other rights which may exist or are hereafter developed in respect of any portion of the website or its content.
- Images of people or places displayed on the website are either the property of, or used with permission by, Rio Alto. The use of these images by you, or anyone else authorized by you, is prohibited. Any unauthorized use of the images may violate copyright laws, trademark laws, the laws of privacy and publicity and communications regulations and statutes.
- The websites that are linked from this site are not under the control of Rio Alto. Rio Alto has not reviewed all of the sites linked to the website and is not responsible for the contents of any off-site pages or any other sites linked to the website. All links are provided for your convenience only; they are not an endorsement or referral by Rio Alto. Your linking to any other off-site pages or other sites is at your own risk.
- The sender of any communications to the website or otherwise to Rio Alto shall be responsible for the content and information contained therein, including its truthfulness and accuracy.
- If you violate any of these terms and conditions of use or if you misuse the website, you agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless Rio Alto, its officers, directors, employees, agents and licensees from any and all liability, including costs, expenses and legal fees that arise out of or are related to your violation or misuse.
All quotes are delayed at least 20 minutes unless otherwise stated. All stock quotes and historical stock price data are provided by third party service providers and are provided for informational purposes only, and are not intended for trading purposes. If you are contemplating trading in the securities of the Company, we strongly advise you to seek independent professional advice before making any investment decision. The Company makes no representation or warranty regarding the accuracy or completeness of any such stock price quotes or historical stock price data and has not taken any steps to verify the adequacy, accuracy or completeness of the information provided on this website
1. Information Automatically Collected and Stored. During your visit to the website, Rio Alto may automatically collect and temporarily store the following information about your computer and your visit:
- The domain and host from which you access the Internet;
- The Internet address of the website from which you linked directly to the website, if applicable;
- The date and time you arrive at the website and how long you spend on the website and which pages you visit;
- Your Internet protocol (IP) address; and
- Your computer's operating system and browser software.
Rio Alto may use this information for website and system administration purposes and to improve the website. Rio Alto may disclose the information to others for those administrative purposes or permanently archive it for future use.
Rio Alto may use "cookie" technology to obtain information from its on-line visitors. Cookies are information files that your Web browser places on your computer when you visit a website. Most browsers accept cookies automatically, but can be configured not to accept them or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. Cookies allow Rio Alto to customize your user interface to speed up the navigation process and to make the website experience more efficient. If your browser is configured to reject cookies, you may not be able to use some of the features of the website.
FORWARD-LOOKING INFORMATION DISCLAIMER
This website contains "forward-looking information" within the meaning of Canadian securities legislation and "forward-looking statements" within the meaning of the United States Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995 (collectively, "forward-looking statements"). These forward-looking statements are made as of the date of this document and Rio Alto does not intend, and does not assume any obligation, to update these forward-looking statements, except as required under applicable securities legislation.
Certain statements contained in this website may constitute forward-looking statements. These statements relate to future events or the future performance of Rio Alto. All statements, other than statements of historical fact, may be forward-looking statements. Forward-looking statements are often, but not always, identified by the use of words such as "seek", "anticipate", "plan", "continue", "estimate", "expect", "may", "will", "project", "predict", “propose”, "potential", "targeting", "intend", "could", "might", "should", "believe" and similar expressions. These statements involve known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors that may cause actual results or events to differ materially from those anticipated in such forward-looking statements. Rio Alto believes that the expectations reflected in those forward-looking statements are reasonable but no assurance can be given that these expectations will prove to be correct and such forward-looking statements included on this website should not be unduly relied upon by investors as actual results may vary. Rio Alto will not necessarily update this information unless it is required to by securities laws and the forward-looking statements contained in this website are expressly qualified in their entirety by this cautionary statement. This website also discloses mineral resources. Mineral resources that are not mineral reserves do not have demonstrated economic viability.
In particular, this website contains forward-looking statements, including, but not limited to, the following:
- capital expenditure programs and cash flow estimates;
- development of deposits, resources and reserves;
- treatment under regulatory regimes;
- treatment under taxation regimes or other government financial regimes;
- expectations regarding Rio Alto’s ability to raise capital;
- work plans to be conducted by Rio Alto, and
- Expectations about growth and results of operations;
- future demand for and prices of commodities;
- success of exploration activities;
- permitting time lines, government regulation of mining and exploration operations;
- environmental risks;
- limitations on insurance coverage, timing and possible outcome of pending litigation, if any; and
- the production of gold and copper from Rio Alto´s La Arena Project and Shahuindo Project.
With respect to forward-looking statements listed above and contained in this website, Rio Alto has made assumptions regarding, among other things:
- the legislative and regulatory environment;
- the impact of increasing competition;
- current technological trends;
- unpredictable changes to the market prices for gold and copper;
- anticipated results of exploration and development activities; and
- that costs related to development of the gold and copper properties and the development of gold and copper production projects will remain consistent with historical experiences;
- No material adverse change in the market price of commodities; and
- Rio Alto’s ability to obtain additional financing on satisfactory terms.
Rio Alto’s actual results could differ materially from those anticipated in these forward-looking statements as a result of various risk factors, including but not limited to:
- uncertainties regarding the regulatory regime and the application approval process;
- volatility in the market prices for gold and copper;
- uncertainties associated with estimating and developing resources, actual results of current exploration activities, reclamation activities and conclusions of economic evaluations and possible variations in or reserves, grade o recovery rates;
- geological, technical, construction and processing problems, including any failure of plant, equipment or process to operate as anticipated;
- liabilities and risks, including environmental liabilities and risks, inherent in developing gold and copper production projects;
- fluctuations in currency and interest rates;
- competition for, among other things, capital, acquisitions of reserves, undeveloped lands and skilled personnel;
- unpredictable weather conditions;
- Accidents, labour disputes and other risks of the mining and mineral exploration industry;
- Health, safety and environmental risks; and
- Ability to access sufficient capital from internal and external sources.
Rio Alto’s plans and results could differ materially from those anticipated in these forward-looking statements as a result of these risk factors set forth above. Rio Alto recommends that you also review its most recent Annual Information Form and Annual MD&A for a discussion of other material risks that could cause actual results to differ significantly from current expectations.
All technical and scientific information contained in the website pertaining to the La Arena Project has been taken from the technical report entitled “La Arena Project, Peru” prepared by Kirk Mining Consultatns with an effective date of January 1, 2013 and the technical report entitled “La Arena Project, Peru Technical Report” with an effective date of December 31, 2013 prepared by Mining Plus Per S.A.C. (collectively, the “La Arena Technical Reports”). All technical and scientific information contained in this website pertaining to the Shahuindo Project has been taken from the report Shahuindo Heap leach Project, Cajabamba Peru dated November 9, 2012 (the “Shahuindo Technical Report”) prepared by Kapper, Cassidy & Associates and Mine Development Associates. The disclosure in this website of scientific and technical information regarding Rio Alto's mineral properties, including reserve and resource estimates and the description of the geology has been reviewed by Enrique Garay, a certified professional geologist, employed by Rio Alto as VP of Geology. Mr. Garay is a Qualified Person for the purposes of National Instrument 43-101. Copies of the La Arena Technical Reports and the Shahuindo Technical Report are available on this website under the heading "Investors- Reports and Filings." Readers are encouraged to read the La Arena Technical Reports and the Shahuindo Technical Report in their entirety, including all qualifications, assumptions and exclusions that relate to the scientific and technical information set out in this website. Readers are advised that mineral resources that are not mineral reserves do not have demonstrated economic viability.